November 3, 2008
~ RS Presidency Message ~
The concluding line in the proclamation on the Family is an admonition to the world, and therefore to each of us, from the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve, "We call upon responsible citizens and officers of the government everywhere to promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society." In recent months and most especially, in the last weeks, we as the Live Oak Canyon Ward have rallied to defend and protect marriage. I have been greatly moved to see the sacrifices of time and means you have made to follow the counsel of our living prophet. As we have moved outside our comfort zones (and for some way outside) to do whatever has been asked of us by our stake and ward leaders, my testimony has been strengthened. The Lord has asked for our best efforts. As we have stepped to the plate and given our best efforts, we have been greatly blessed as a ward and as individuals. Our testimony of the sanctity of marriage has increased. We have drawn closer together as a ward and as a Relief Society. We have taught our youth to stand up for their principles and to speak up when appropriate. While we can't be sure of the final outcomes in terms of how the voters will decide on this proposition, I have every confidence that the Lord has and will bless for our efforts. Families have drawn closer together. Lives have been changed. Testimonies have been increased. Self confidence has improved. May the Lord bless each of you to see briefly into the next generations and beyond to realize what we are doing. Thank you for all you have done and will yet do. As sisters in Zion, we make a difference. I am grateful beyond measure for each of your examples in my life! I love the sisters of this ward!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thanks for your message. I appreciate all you do for us.
I love this ward, too!
Once again, great message Teri. I may call you Terri or Terrie. Just know, that when I say it aloud, I am saying Terrie, just to bug you.
what time and where is lunch on Wednesday?
what can I do besides salad and bread for our Christmas event? allie could sing and play..she is getting rocking good (during dinner)
Our ward is awesome! I love being a part of it.
Post a Comment